Ready to Adopt?
Go through our checklist below to see if you're ready to adopt.
Our application review process focuses on the best fit for the cat and applicant. Apply to Adopt a Cat
Cat Adoption Requirements
- Adopters must be 18 years old to complete an adoption application:
- All adults in the household must agree to the adoption
- Parent approval required if the applicant is under the age of 21 and living with parents
- Lots of love
- If other pets are in the home, we require proof of up-to-date vaccinations, including rabies
- Realistic expectations: Cats may need 2-4 weeks to adjust to their new homes. Make time for you, your family, other pets, and your newly adopted cat to bond
- Understand that adoption is a lifetime commitment
- Adoption fees vary and are listed under the cat's bio.
- We are required to collect sales tax in addition to the adoption fee
- The adoption fee reimburses Shelter2Rescue for:
- up-to-date vaccinations
Problem Submitting an Application?
If you experience difficulties submitting an application, please contact Femila Skaria: firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot and description of the problem.